Applying it to the business world, the 80/20 rule suggests that 80% of your company sales come from 20% of your customers. Alternatively, you could say that 20% of what you do represents 80% of that particular activity’s outcome.
The 80/20 rule indicates 80% of social media posts should be useful to your audience—meaning it educates, entertains, or offers a solution to their problems—and only 20% should explicitly promote your business.
When it comes to your love life, the 80/20 rule centres on the idea that one person cannot meet 100 per cent of your needs all the time. Each of you is permitted to take a fraction of your time – 20 per cent – away from your partner to take part in more self-fulfilling activities and resume your individuality.
The 80/20 rule helps business stop trying to do everything at all times–time, energy, and money get directed to those things that yield the highest and best results with the most efficient effort possible. The more focused the inputs are, the better the outputs, in other words.
The 80-20 rule maintains that 80% of outcomes (outputs) come from 20% of causes (inputs). In the 80-20 rule , you prioritize the 20% of factors that will produce the best results. A principle of the 80-20 rule is to identify an entity’s best assets and use them efficiently to create maximum value.
In the workplace , the Pareto principle means that 80% of the responsibility and work are shouldered by only 20% of your employees. Meaning, most of the work and effort are from the minority of your staff. They are the floor leaders, managers and other key thinkers in your organization.
Besides sharing news about your organization on your social media accounts, share relevant articles and updates about your industry as well. These social media posts work especially well for Twitter, where people come for news, and LinkedIn, where people network and look for industry-focused information.
Best Social Media Listening and Tracking Tools HubSpot Social Media Management Software. Sprout Social . Falcon.io. Hootsuite . Buffer. TweetReach. BuzzSumo . Keyhole.
The 29 most common social media rules Share several times a day, but space out your posts every few hours. Respond to all comments as quickly as you can. Know the art of the hashtag. 1 hashtag is fine. Always keep the 80/20 rule ! Use first person plural when talking about your company brand (We, Us).
One of the best things I learned from my wife is to wait 24 hours before responding to things that upset or anger me.
What is the 80/20 diet ? In “The 80/20 Diet ,” Australian nutritionist, chef, and personal trainer Teresa Cutter writes that you can lose weight if you eat nutritiously 80 percent of the time and allow yourself to indulge in less healthy food for the remaining 20 percent of your meals.
Our golden rule for couples is: “Do unto others as they would have you do unto them.” Instead of treating our partner as we would like to be treated, we need to treat them as they want to be treated.
Why did they choose this name? According to 80/20 , they named their company and product line after Pareto’s Law (from Vilfredo Pareto (1843 – 1923)), an Italian economist and sociologist who said that 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts.
The 80 / 20 rule is a guide for your everyday diet —eat nutritious foods 80 percent of the time and have a serving of your favorite treat with the other 20 percent. For the “ 80 percent” part of the plan, focus on drinking lots of water and eating nutritious foods that include: Whole grains. Fruits and vegetables.